New to Beacon Yoga?
We know you’ll find the right class for you in our integrated studio. From Yoga Basics, Gentle Flow, to Restorative Yoga and Light Flow, we make it easy for you to dive into this new journey and are here to guide you every step of the way. Leave your shoes and worries at the door as you’ll be welcomed with open arms into our sacred space of light. Take a step into the quiet studio space, with rich bamboo flooring and soothing colors. Place your belongings in the personalized cubbies in the back room. Roll out your mat and let it all go.
This is your time to shine.
“My first yoga class and I loved it! Gina is a great instructor and the atmosphere is perfect! I will definitely be back!” – Stephanie Y.
“Best class I’ve ever taken! Love the relaxing set up and feel of the space!” – Michelle Y.
“I loved my first class and the studio is beautiful. Can’t wait to go again ( going tonight)!”-Linda S.
New to Yoga?
Please do not be intimidated! We have all types of classes designed for the beginner. The most important thing to remember is to honor your body. As a beginner you can try any class but just go at your own pace. Our teachers will guide you through each pose and offer many modifications. Yoga is a journey and a practice. Enjoy the journey and it will become your practice.
Benefits of Yoga
- Connecting with your inner self/intuition
- Become more flexible physically and mentally
- Proven to reduce stress and anxiety
- Lowers blood pressure
- Detoxifies your body and your thoughts
- Improves balance, posture and strength
- Great for depression and increases self-confidence
Preparing for practice at Beacon Yoga
- You will be asked to leave your shoes and your worries at the front door.
- Please silence your phone and place it with your belongings in the cubbies provided in the back room. No cellular devices will be allowed in the yoga room.
- Please arrive 15 min before class starts to check in and settle in for class.
- Wear comfortable clothing so you can move freely.
- Please bring your mat, a towel and a water bottle. There will be mats and towels to rent for a small fee and filtered water (with optional essential oil) will be provided free of charge. All props such as blocks, straps, bolsters and blankets are provided.
- Please arrive hydrated and ready for a workout especially if you are taking the Hot Yoga classes. Temperatures can reach over 100 degrees so please drink plenty of water before, during and after your class.
- Be respectful. Please enter with an open mind and open heart. Space is provided to unwind and relax in a calm serene environment . Please be respectful of others as we are sharing this space.
- Above all….. listen to and honor your body! There should never be pain in your body while doing any exercise, if you are not feeling it today, scale back on your practice. Perhaps your body is telling you it needs a restorative pose this time around. Respect what your body tells you.
Please make sure to notify the instructor if…
- You need to leave early (so you can be closest to the door so as not to disturb the others in class)
- Are new to yoga
- Would not like hands on adjusting
- Have any medical considerations (such as injuries or pregnancy) our qualified instructors will offer modifications to all of our practices in order to suit your special needs.